Leader. Speaker. Author. Change Agent.
- Principal, Winding River Consulting (present)
- National Strategy & Growth Advisor, BDO USA, LLP (2015-2017)
- Senior Managing Director, SS&G, Inc. (2013-2014)
- Co-Founder and Host, Winning is Everything Conference (2002-present)
- Co-Founder and Partner, The Advisory Board (2001-present)
- Founder and Chairman Emeritus, LEA Global (1999-present)
- Managing Director, Saltz, Shamis & Goldfarb / SS&G (1986-2013)
- Accountant, Saltz, Shamis & Page (1981-1986)
His innovation and leadership earned him honors such as E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year; a Top Ten Managing Partner Elite (Accounting Today) where he was called the “very model of the modern managing partner, and this list is more or less unimaginable without him”; Most Admired Peer (INSIDE Public Accounting); more than a dozen appearances on the Most Influential list (Accounting Today); and numerous other industry accolades. He has served his profession within the ranks of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, including testifying before the Securities Exchanges Commission on its behalf, and Ohio Society of CPAs.
He has written and edited for industry journals and is the co-author of How to Manage Your Accounting Practice: Taking Your Firm from Chaos to Consensus (2009), Stratagem: Simple, Effective Strategic Planning for Your Business and Your Life (2013), and Building Blocks (due out 2017).
With more than two dozen nonprofits on his resume and even more awards on his shelves, Shamis has been at the helm of the boards of North Coast Community Homes, Inc., Hillel at Kent State, and the Cleveland Jewish News, to name a few.
Master of Accountancy, The Ohio State University
B.S. Biology, Tulane University